You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Keys

Whenever I get on my MacBook Pro (2013) I have a consistent key that disrupts usage. Sometimes it is the “G” key and whenever I type it’s like I’m holding the key down. Another time it will be the down arrow, selecting another option or scrolling to the bottom of the page. I know I cannot disable the internal keyboard and even when using a separate keyboard and mouse the issue persists. How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:09 PM

In what may amount to desperate measures, try cleaning your MBP's keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those specific model Macs. That particular concern does not apply to your Mac, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac or keyboard for that matter.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Victoria_Victoria

In what may amount to desperate measures, try cleaning your MBP's keyboard as described in How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook Pro - Apple Support.

That Support document was intended to address a specific concern with the type of keys used on those specific model Macs. That particular concern does not apply to your Mac, but the procedure can be applied to any portable Mac or keyboard for that matter.

If you don't succeed, contact Apple to get it fixed. Start here: Official Apple Support

Random Keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.