You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing email

When I compose and send a gmail from my MacBook, it no longer goes to the recipient and it completely disappears from my computer. I spent a couple hours this morning composing email, all of which appears to have vaporized. I use a couple of gmail accounts on the Apple Mail interface. I looked at the accounts on a web browser, and there is no record of any of the sent mail there, either. Any ideas on how to fix this -- and, hopefully, recover my mail?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:20 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2023 5:23 PM in response to satcomer

Thanks for the suggestions. I was supposedly cc-ing myself already, but the email literally vaporized. Didn't go to the recipient, to me, to drafts, or to the out box. Weird. After trying everything I could think of, I just did the ultimate magic trick and rebooted. The lost emails all appeared in my Out box. I opened and sent them, and they were delivered.

Disappearing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.