You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can watch on my phone but not on tv?How do I watch Apple TV on my tv and not my phone

I can watch on my Apple phone, but I can’t watch on TV?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 2:21 PM

I can watch Apple TV on my iPhone but not on my Samsung tv

13 replies

Aug 26, 2024 5:56 PM in response to theapplefanboy7

The Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app is available on compatible Samsung TVs, not on incompatible Samsung TVs. On some TVs it may be pre-installed. Else it may be available from the on-device Smart Hub app repository. If the TV system software is up-to-date, and you have the app, then it should allow watching for subscribers or users that made purchases.

If the Apple TV app misbehaves on your Samsung smart TV, then consider these troubleshooting steps from Samsung Support:

What to do if an app is not working on Samsung TV - Samsung Support

1. Cold reboot the TV,
  2. Update the TV system software, if available,
  3. Delete and reinstall the misbehaving app (if deletion is supported for that app),
  4. Reset the ‘Smart Hub’ (like a factory reset for the apps part of the TV): Settings﹥Support﹥Self Diagnosis﹥Reset Smart Hub﹥…

If you need further assistance after that, please contact Apple Support.

Aug 23, 2024 8:40 AM in response to Dandp123

Might be that your Samsung TV is not compatible with the Apple TV app. Here are all the Samsung TVs that are compatible with the Apple TV app: Samsung QLED 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)

• Samsung QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
  • Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
  • Samsung FHD/HD 5500, 5300, 4500, 4300 Series (2017, 2018, 2020)1
  • Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
  • Samsung The Frame Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)1
  • Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)1

You can find a list of all the TVs that work with the Apple TV app here.

Oct 3, 2024 4:12 AM in response to Snickersandsj

Snickersandsj wrote:
How do I make Apple work on my tv not just my phone

Please start by specifying the brand and model TV that you want to use this with.

Next, see if the smart TV has the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app among its smart apps. It may be pre-installed on some TVs, or downloadable from the manufacturer’s app repository.

Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Watch on these smart TVs or third party streaming devices - Apple Support

How to watch Apple TV+ and more - Apple Support

On unsupported TVs, or if perceived as better option, you may want to connect an external streaming device that supports the Apple TV app. That can be an Apple TV box, Roku, Fire TV, PlayStation (4, 5), Xbox (One, One S, X, S), ‘Chromecast with Google TV’-dongle, or Nvidia Shield TV box. Select cable TV boxes or satellite TV boxes may also support smart apps, possibly including the Apple TV+ app.

I can watch on my phone but not on tv?How do I watch Apple TV on my tv and not my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.