You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad gmail account the address you entered does not match your account

I changed my password on my gmail account.

I now get an error message on my iPad (settings < accounts)when prompted to Re enter my password that the

The address you entered does not match your account.

I get the normal dialog Box that takes me to my google sign in page and the address and profile is correctly shown.

I can log into that gmail and profile on a browser and on all other devices.

I tried restarting the ipad.

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 10:46 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 29, 2023 10:54 AM in response to mg11361

Google have changed their authentication requirements for Google Mail mail accounts configured for password authentication - and for non-Google mail clients, now requires use of an App Specific password for each mail client/device. 

You will need to generate a unique password for your iPad Gmail account - that will differ from your normal Google Account Password. AOL, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft now all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Google Account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

More information can be found here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Ipad gmail account the address you entered does not match your account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.