You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Top row of letters the QWERTY row does not work on my MacBook Air 2012

Tried a few solutions even unplugged the battery still does not work so it's not the battery.

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 1:09 PM

7 replies

Aug 29, 2023 2:02 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

opened back and unplug the battery because I've been reading about people with the same problem and they said they got a new battery but I unplug the battery and the same keys still did not work on a couple of the tricks online it didn't work and it works sometimes if you smash them all down at the same time but worked for two hours this morning then stopped. Looking at prices to replace the keyboard do you think that's a good idea you think that's the problem or it might be a software issue. Just mashed down the whole row and it worked for a couple minutes.

Aug 29, 2023 3:24 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

opened back and unplug the battery because I've been reading about people with the same problem and they said they got a new battery but I unplug the battery and the same keys still did not work on a couple of the tricks online it didn't work and it works sometimes if you smash them all down at the same time but worked for two hours this morning then stopped. Looking at prices to replace the keyboard do you think that's a good idea you think that's the problem or it might be a software issue. Just mashed down the whole row and it worked for a couple minutes.

Top row of letters the QWERTY row does not work on my MacBook Air 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.