You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrated all the users from MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work!

I migrated all the users from my MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work! What can I do to change the passwords without losing the existing keychains. They have a lot of passwords I need stored in them!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:17 PM

chillypop wrote:

I migrated all the users from my MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work! What can I do to change the passwords without losing the existing keychains. They have a lot of passwords I need stored in them!

You can try the migration again...

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Transfer to a new Mac with Migration Assistant - Apple Support

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admin user

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2023 12:17 PM in response to chillypop

chillypop wrote:

You can try the migration again...

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device

Transfer your information to Mac from another computer or device - Apple Support

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Transfer to a new Mac with Migration Assistant - Apple Support

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admin user

Restarting Setup Assistant to create Admi… - Apple Community

Migrated all the users from MacBook (Big Sur) to new MacBookPro (Ventura), but the old passwords do not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.