You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My App Store is coming up under a different Apple ID

When I tried to download an app another family member's apple ID showed up. I need to get my own apple ID in place or I can't do my job!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Did you let that person borrow your device?

In the support article: If you subscribe to Apple One and use a different Apple ID for iCloud - Apple Support Apple alludes to using a different Apple ID for media, subscriptions, and purchases, but doesn't describe how to do this.

In iOS/iPadOS: Go to Settings > [your Apple ID] > Media & Purchases. Sign out of the current ID and sign in with a different one.

In Ventura: First, quit Settings. Then, in App Store, choose “Sign Out” in the Store menu, then click on the “sign in” button that appears in the main window. You can then sign into the other account. (from: Using different Apple ID for media & … - Apple Community )

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2023 8:43 AM in response to harrietfrombrooklyn

Did you let that person borrow your device?

In the support article: If you subscribe to Apple One and use a different Apple ID for iCloud - Apple Support Apple alludes to using a different Apple ID for media, subscriptions, and purchases, but doesn't describe how to do this.

In iOS/iPadOS: Go to Settings > [your Apple ID] > Media & Purchases. Sign out of the current ID and sign in with a different one.

In Ventura: First, quit Settings. Then, in App Store, choose “Sign Out” in the Store menu, then click on the “sign in” button that appears in the main window. You can then sign into the other account. (from: Using different Apple ID for media & … - Apple Community )

My App Store is coming up under a different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.