You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export frame from video not working

I've imported a .MOV (H264 4K) video into photos recorded on my Olympus OM-1. I play the video and stop at a frame and click export frame. Dialogue disappears butI don't get an exported tif file or anything. Any ideas please?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 4:11 AM

Where are you looking for the exported frame? It should be saved to your Pictures folder as a TIFF file, not into the Photos Library. It will be named with a prefix (depending on the system language - in German the filename will start with "Bild", followed by the date of export and the frame position, for example: Bild-31-08-2023-01-07-36.tiff

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2023 4:11 AM in response to Stuart_Storm_Chaser

Where are you looking for the exported frame? It should be saved to your Pictures folder as a TIFF file, not into the Photos Library. It will be named with a prefix (depending on the system language - in German the filename will start with "Bild", followed by the date of export and the frame position, for example: Bild-31-08-2023-01-07-36.tiff

Export frame from video not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.