You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People feature not working on custom wallpaper photo shuffle

I set up a custom wall paper photo shuffle with 3 people, my two kids and partner. All was working fine, photos changing every hour randomly choosing the people. About a week ago I noticed my daughter hadn’t come up in a while, when I check the 3 people, it only shows two, my daughter is not even showing in the list. I try to create a new wallpaper and she still doesn’t show in the list. She is identified as people in the photos album and I have even favourited her to see if she would appear in the list of people to choose from but no joy. I have seen other similar issues, has anyone a solution?

Using an iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16.1.1, I do have an iCloud account syncing. 

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 1:03 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2023 11:16 AM in response to ailish_82

Hello ailish_82,

We understand that Photo Shuffling is not working as expected and we'd like to provide you with a few troubleshooting steps that may be able to resolve this issue:

Restart your iPhone. This may seem like a simple step to take but can often resolve several issues:

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Update iOS on iPhone. Completing this step ensures that your device has the latest fixes. (Secure your data with a backup)

If the issue persists, we suggest that you connect with Apple directly concerning this issue. Depending on your region, you might be able to contact them here: Get Support

Take care.

People feature not working on custom wallpaper photo shuffle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.