You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Non-Purchased Music

I am upgrading my iPhone from an 8 to a 13. The music I have purchased downloaded successfully and all is good there.

However, the music I had downloaded to iTunes from CDs a while back, and then transferred to my 8 did not move across to my 13. When I connect my 8 to my PC and I go into iTunes and look to Sync Music I get the message "Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows and books from this iPhone and Sync with this iTunes library?"

If I click "Remove and Sync" will I lose all of the music from my iPhone? Or will iTunes on my PC and the music on my iPhone really Sync and I'll have all songs in both places?

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 12:46 PM

What "Remove and Sync" will do is remove all music from your iPhone and load music from the iTunes Library. After that, presumably you can re-download your purchased music to the iPhone.

1 reply

Transferring Non-Purchased Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.