You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a strange iPhone notification

I received a strange notification , what is it ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 3:55 PM

The message says that you don't have enough funds to make the iTunes payment. If you haven't made any recent purchases, it's likely a scam link that's attempting to trick you into entering your personal information. It's possible that your phone number was shared with a scammer, either intentionally or unintentionally, by a site that requested your number to register. In this case, it's important not to take any action except to block the user!

You can refer to this article if you need more information on how to protect your data:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 2, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Riiwxx

The message says that you don't have enough funds to make the iTunes payment. If you haven't made any recent purchases, it's likely a scam link that's attempting to trick you into entering your personal information. It's possible that your phone number was shared with a scammer, either intentionally or unintentionally, by a site that requested your number to register. In this case, it's important not to take any action except to block the user!

You can refer to this article if you need more information on how to protect your data:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Sep 3, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Michaelhere

I can't block a subscriber because I pay for Apple music and everything else through a phone number, and "MTS pay” is my telecom operator. I am afraid that if I have money in my account , they will be written off . I always received messages from this number about paying for music and everything else.In the messages above, they charged me a certain amount for a subscription that I really have, and in the message where they try to charge me "2850 rubles." it says that: "you don't have enough funds to pay for iTunse"

Sep 3, 2023 9:27 AM in response to Riiwxx

Ok, the best thing then is ignore the message.

It’s VERY easy to send a fraud text message from whatever number, it only takes a proper program, the scammer in this way can access to the same chat as your legit payment verification messages and make it seems legit since he knows what number your carry uses to communicate with you and you are most likely to trust.

Skip ahead without blocking the user :)

I received a strange iPhone notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.