You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sketchy iPhone pop-up while browsing with phone number

I was browser and then I got one of those your iPhone is hacked with a number. I tried to clear my tabs on my phone and accidentally tapped the number. I hang up and blocked the number.

My questions is, is my phone hacked and infected with malware and will people get, who have me in their contacts get sketchy text messages with malware. I am just wondering because well, this is the first time it is happened to me and in the past when I got these I did not click on the phone number.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 9:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 9:45 AM

No, you are not hacked. It's nothing but a scam. No one can do anything to another device through a browser, email or message. How could they? If they could, they certainly wouldn't tell you, but would try to empty out your bank accounts as quickly as possible.

Just delete the message. That's all you need to do.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2023 9:45 AM in response to bdub8102

No, you are not hacked. It's nothing but a scam. No one can do anything to another device through a browser, email or message. How could they? If they could, they certainly wouldn't tell you, but would try to empty out your bank accounts as quickly as possible.

Just delete the message. That's all you need to do.

Sep 3, 2023 9:53 AM in response to bdub8102

The worst that can happen, now that they know your phone number, is they will likely try to call you back - incessantly. If not them, other scammers they sell the number to.

There was no need to delete the DuckDuckGo browser. There's nothing that can happen to you through that. Well, not unless you choose to download some unknown junk, like calendar spam.

Sketchy iPhone pop-up while browsing with phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.