You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do to unlock an iPhone with an Apple ID I don't know?

A friend of a friend was Selling iPhone the iPhone I bought from him for 80 bucks was dead at the moment and the iPhone I have now is a piece of crap so I purchase this phone from him assuming that this was his phone cause he gave me a Apple ID that does not match the one that it is requiring to unlock this phone and the iPhone I have now is in real bad condition so what do I do or is it possible that I can contact the owner the previous owners to see if they would be willing to unlock it

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 4:33 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2023 5:10 PM in response to Rippley_Siyh9

Rippley_Siyh9 Saad

"What can I do to unlock an iPhone with an Apple ID I don't know?"

-------

From a more general perspective...

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Reporting this:

Seems you'v been scammed, though a full assumption, on my part. So, if the seller will not take this back, then you're out of luck. Maybe contact local authorities. If purchased off of a Web site(i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the Web site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and that you get your money back.

B. How to Properly Sell a Device:

This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. They would perform as instructed, including the iCloud logout. The seller should have known better.

C. Learn from This:

So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always go there, prior to making any purchases, whatsoever. Ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing in the money. If the seller decides to disabuse by those rules you've set froth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

D. If Purchased Off of a Website (i.e. eBay):

Contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get your money back.

What can I do to unlock an iPhone with an Apple ID I don't know?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.