You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

I believe my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM

Jswindle_usarmy Said:

"my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back"

Secure You Info:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report things to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM in response to Jswindle_usarmy

Jswindle_usarmy Said:

"my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back"

Secure You Info:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report things to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.