You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to ensure complete Calendar sync between my iPhone and MacBook Air?

Hi - my calendar is not syncing between my iPhone and my MacBook Air. I have tried all the suggested fixes - eg connecting the phone to the Mac, checking my iCloud settings etc but although some appointments are appearing in my iPhone and Mac calendars, not all of them are. Is there anything I can try?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 1:43 AM

These don't sync between devices Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos, and emails. Each device syncs to the email account server which may be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other. Please see the pic below

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2023 1:43 AM in response to annmariefrombrentwood

These don't sync between devices Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos, and emails. Each device syncs to the email account server which may be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or any Other. Please see the pic below

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing.

Sep 4, 2023 1:49 AM in response to annmariefrombrentwood

Hi - thanks for replying. However, not sure I understand correctly. Both devices are connected to the internet, and my outlook account appears exactly as your picture below. I have connected my iPhone to my MacBook and I have clicked Sync. However, still some meetings are missing from my MacBook calendar. Are you saying that I can't sync them?

May 15, 2024 9:04 PM in response to annmariefrombrentwood

if you have connected some of your Internet accounts to one device, but not the other, that might be the issue.

You might have calendar entries in, say, iCloud and in the Google cloud where you had not paid close attention to which events were where. If you then set up a new device but did not turn on synchronization of calendars to Google, your iCloud calendar entries might show up on that device while your Google ones didn’t - making them appear to be “missing.”

Connecting both devices to all of your Internet calendars would solve that problem.

How to ensure complete Calendar sync between my iPhone and MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.