You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know which number I am receiving a phone call?

I have two iPhone. one for work and another one for personal use.

When some call me, both phone rings.

I didn't answer cuz I didn't know to what number they are calling me.

On missed call list doesn't show to what number they were calling to.

How do I know that?

I already set my phone not to ring both iPhone to prevent this issue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:48 PM

At present, there is no way of knowing what you are looking for. You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉 Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

5 replies

Sep 4, 2023 8:27 PM in response to yhdesign

Both of your iPhones are ringing because both of those iPhones are using the same Apple ID and you have Calls on Other Devices set to ON.

——-

If you want to continue using the same Apple ID on both iPhones but do not want both iPhones to ring at the same time, then on both iPhones:

Open Settings ➡️ Phone ➡️ Calls on other devices: Set this to OFF

Axel F.

May 19, 2024 1:49 AM in response to yhdesign

Use Samsung flagships to avoid this problem. You won’t even need two phones - just one phone with profiles for work and personal, and two SIM cards. This is what I used to have until I switched to an iPhone mini for work and iPhone 15 pro max for personal use. Since then I have this problem. I have called so many customers with personal number and so many different non-work with the work number that this is embarrassing. Seems to me that the iPhone wasn’t designed for entrepreneurs for many reasons.

How do I know which number I am receiving a phone call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.