You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add a gmail to mail on iphone 13

I couldn't add my Gmail account to my iPhone 13 Mail running iOS 16 latest version a few weeks ago. This problem also occurs with friends around me who use iPhones. This is very inconvenient because Google calendar and contacts do not sync on the iphone.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 9:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:14 PM

quanggn said:

"add a gmail to mail on iPhone 13: I couldn't add my Gmail account to my iPhone 13 Mail running iOS 16 latest version a few weeks ago. This problem also occurs with friends around me who use iPhones. This is very inconvenient because Google calendar and contacts do not sync on the iPhone."

-------

Using a Google App Password:

When setting up gmail, you need to create and use an app password. You would log in using that password, rather than your gmail passwordGo Here: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google. If you already have one, then remove the old app password, and create and use a new one.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2023 10:14 PM in response to quanggn

quanggn said:

"add a gmail to mail on iPhone 13: I couldn't add my Gmail account to my iPhone 13 Mail running iOS 16 latest version a few weeks ago. This problem also occurs with friends around me who use iPhones. This is very inconvenient because Google calendar and contacts do not sync on the iPhone."

-------

Using a Google App Password:

When setting up gmail, you need to create and use an app password. You would log in using that password, rather than your gmail passwordGo Here: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google. If you already have one, then remove the old app password, and create and use a new one.

add a gmail to mail on iphone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.