You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Screen Recording

I had a screen recording in edit mode and went to share it from there. While I was in another window putting in the share details I went to exit out of a notification window that popped up in the back and accidentally hit the "x" on the QuickTime window of the screen recording. I now can't find that recording anywhere and I feel like I've tried everything to get it back. Is it just gone now or is there a way to find it?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 2:18 PM

unfortunately, it sounds as though the recording may be gone.

but, you can use the keyboard shortcut "shift-command-5" to bring up the recording controls. then choose "options".

and then, in those options, check the "save to" location to see where the recording went.

if it is not in that location, then sorry, the recording is lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2023 2:18 PM in response to charleenarci

unfortunately, it sounds as though the recording may be gone.

but, you can use the keyboard shortcut "shift-command-5" to bring up the recording controls. then choose "options".

and then, in those options, check the "save to" location to see where the recording went.

if it is not in that location, then sorry, the recording is lost.

Lost Screen Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.