You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay/Apple TV not showing up

Hey there,

my Apple TV (3rd gen.) suddenly stopped showing up in the Airplay section/share section on my iPhone 13 Pro. This happened after I unplugged and changed the Apple TVs HDMI into a different HDMI port due to not having sound. Now that I have sound, the device stopped showing up on my iPhone and all other devices. I unplugged and reset everything and it still doesn’t work. Anyone who knows what else I could try?

Kind regards

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 2:33 AM

The Apple TV box should show up in the list of available AirPlay receiving devices, when both devices are on the same home network, if AirPlay receiving has been turned on in its settings.

• Verify the AirPlay setting on the Apple TV,
  • Verify the network setting on both devices,
  • Restart the iPhone, Apple TV box, router, and optionally other network gear.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

For best local network communication, configure the router to use one SSID network name for both bands (2.4 and 5 GHz), to combine both as one wireless network. Also bridge it with the wired, again to include all devices in one logical network, instead of separate networks.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2023 2:33 AM in response to Enzo_z

The Apple TV box should show up in the list of available AirPlay receiving devices, when both devices are on the same home network, if AirPlay receiving has been turned on in its settings.

• Verify the AirPlay setting on the Apple TV,
  • Verify the network setting on both devices,
  • Restart the iPhone, Apple TV box, router, and optionally other network gear.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

For best local network communication, configure the router to use one SSID network name for both bands (2.4 and 5 GHz), to combine both as one wireless network. Also bridge it with the wired, again to include all devices in one logical network, instead of separate networks.

Airplay/Apple TV not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.