You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad volume goes down by itself

Recently I got my volume button stuck, and now the volume keeps going down automatically. But when I press the volume button that got stuck it doesn’t do anything. I had this issue for many years, it’s going down right now.

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 1:03 PM

The volume down button is not doing anything because it's likely stuck being pressed down, that's why your volume is going down. All you can do as an alleviative measure is try pressing that button quickly and repeatedly for a minute or two. That may get the button unstuck but it's likely that you need to have the iPad serviced by Apple.

See: Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2023 1:03 PM in response to stitchy80

The volume down button is not doing anything because it's likely stuck being pressed down, that's why your volume is going down. All you can do as an alleviative measure is try pressing that button quickly and repeatedly for a minute or two. That may get the button unstuck but it's likely that you need to have the iPad serviced by Apple.

See: Official Apple Support

My iPad volume goes down by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.