You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

desktops

Hi, everyone!

Maybe I'm asking a silly question, but how do I split desktops.It's just that when I create a new desktop, it basically copies the previous one and it's only convenient to open additional applications on it. Is there any way to " split" the desktops so that they have different information on them.

Thank you all! :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Alexandrinthesky wrote:

Hi, everyone!

Maybe I'm asking a silly question, but how do I split desktops.It's just that when I create a new desktop, it basically copies the previous one and it's only convenient to open additional applications on it. Is there any way to " split" the desktops so that they have different information on them.

ref

Work in multiple spaces on Mac

for your application Control click>Options

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2023 9:23 AM in response to Alexandrinthesky

Alexandrinthesky wrote:

Hi, everyone!

ref

Work in multiple spaces on Mac

for your application Control click>Options

Sep 7, 2023 9:21 AM in response to Alexandrinthesky

I have no idea what splitting a desktop means, but you can assign applications to exist on a particular desktop using the icon in the dock. Control click on the app icon and from the options sub menu select where you’d like to assign that application.

you can assign an application to all desktops. In that case, the application windows will appear on every desktop.

desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.