You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I locked my iPhone by entering the wrong access code too many times

I locked the iPhone by entering the wrong access code too many times

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 3:54 AM

You may be able to try again after a number of minutes

If not, if on iOS 15.2 or later You can sometimes remedy this without a computer by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice! 

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support 

video 

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ 

ios 15.1 and earlier: 

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK) 

To prevent it opening in your pocket or purse and disabling the phone you can turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch  

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2023 3:54 AM in response to muliga

You may be able to try again after a number of minutes

If not, if on iOS 15.2 or later You can sometimes remedy this without a computer by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice! 

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support 

video 

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ 

ios 15.1 and earlier: 

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK) 

To prevent it opening in your pocket or purse and disabling the phone you can turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch  

I locked my iPhone by entering the wrong access code too many times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.