You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I be able to save the battery life on my AirTags? Is there a way to shut it off when you are not using it?

I have an AirTag that I use only while traveling in my luggage. How can I save the battery life and avoid receiving notification on my phone when I am not traveling and leave the AirTag at home.

Do I have to remove it as an item on the find “find my” App or remove the batteries on the AirTags?

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:27 PM

The only available option to reduce battery drain is to remove the battery.

It’s unknown if this technique might possibly cause issues in the long-term. The batteries DO last a year or so.

The nuisance “left behind” reminders can be easily disabled / re-enabled for specific geographic locations in FindMy.

Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2023 2:27 PM in response to Airtag101help

The only available option to reduce battery drain is to remove the battery.

It’s unknown if this technique might possibly cause issues in the long-term. The batteries DO last a year or so.

The nuisance “left behind” reminders can be easily disabled / re-enabled for specific geographic locations in FindMy.

Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

How can I be able to save the battery life on my AirTags? Is there a way to shut it off when you are not using it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.