You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many of my notes have disappeared, can you help me retrieve them?

Can you please help me retrieve my notes? Many have mysteriously disappeared in the last few days

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:48 PM

"Many of my notes have disappeared, can you help me retrieve them?: Can you please help me retrieve my notes? Many have mysteriously disappeared in the last few days"

-------

Recovering Deleted Notes:

A. Visit the Following:

B. Recovering Notes from iCloud Backup:

You Can't: What you are looking to perform is not an option. Notes are not a part of iCloud backup.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

C. Unhiding Notes:

You Can't. Hiding notes is not an option of the iOS (nor the macOS, for that mater). So, they are not recoverable through funding them.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2023 6:48 PM in response to Missingnoteswtf

"Many of my notes have disappeared, can you help me retrieve them?: Can you please help me retrieve my notes? Many have mysteriously disappeared in the last few days"

-------

Recovering Deleted Notes:

A. Visit the Following:

B. Recovering Notes from iCloud Backup:

You Can't: What you are looking to perform is not an option. Notes are not a part of iCloud backup.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

C. Unhiding Notes:

You Can't. Hiding notes is not an option of the iOS (nor the macOS, for that mater). So, they are not recoverable through funding them.

Sep 9, 2023 6:54 PM in response to Missingnoteswtf

Have you removed or disconnected an email account recently? If YES, then see whether that was the cause of the Notes disappearing. You can try adding the email account back to the iPhone if you can.

If the above is not an issue, then try the instructions in this guide published by Apple 👉 Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information:

Review the following:

Axel F.

Many of my notes have disappeared, can you help me retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.