You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Capture highlight won't disappear

When I take a screenshot (CMD/Shift/5) the screen is dulled except for a window identifying the shot. After the screenshot, the dulling/highlight-window remains. The only way to get rid of them is to restart my MacBook Air (Ventura 13.2.1)

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 9:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2024 8:29 PM

Hey, I just had this issue, and it turns out I accidentally was recording that section of my screen. You can stop it by pressing the stop icon in the top bar, or change the style from record to capture before taking the shot.

4 replies

Sep 11, 2023 2:19 AM in response to shalabhs

User wrote " The only way to get rid of them is to restart my MacBook Air (Ventura 13.2.1)"

There are many Bug and Security fixes that have been made available since Ventura 13.2.1

Some of which may or may not be related to your original issues

Suggest updating the computer and then test if the computer is till having the same issue

refer below

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5.2 )

Apple security releases

Keep your Mac up to date

Jul 12, 2024 7:31 AM in response to shalabhs

I ran into the same issue and couldn't find anything in the forums to explain it. I ended up fixing the issue by playing around with the option settings on the screen capture tool. I clicked on options and unchecked what was checked and the window finally went away. I then rechecked the same items and the screen capture worked normally after that. So there's some sort of bug in this app but at least that fixed it so I didn't have to reboot.

Screen Capture highlight won't disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.