You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues Updating OS system after factory reset

I factory reset my MacBook (early 2015 model) and it has reinstalled Yosemite. I want to get it back to High Sierra but I'm really struggling. It won't connect to the internet properly (white bar comes up), so I airdropped the High Sierra link page in the App Store to the old Mac from my new one. When I click "get" it asks me to put in my iCloud password. When I do, it just won't accept it.

I've even tried installing something in the middle e.g. Sierra from the apple website as a disk image but it says the software cannot be found

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 4:27 AM

Hi,

Try to make Mac OS High Sierra bootable USB memory installer and install from it which could works.

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 11, 2023 4:30 AM in response to kaz-k

Heya!

Thanks for the tip. I tried that initially but High Sierra isn't available as a download, only from the App Store unfortunately. I've tried creating bootable versions of Sierra to try and get it past Yosemite but it loads, accepts it and then says "unable to install, software not available"

Issues Updating OS system after factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.