You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 5th gen do not support for iOS update and can’t connect to apps store

Hello Apple ,

Please help ME ipad 5th Gen do not supported update OF iOS 16 and cant Connect to apps Store

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 9:35 AM

On 5th gen update I have followed all above and update iOS 16 shows but it won’t allow me to select the option to “download and install”.

I have also tried downloading from iTunes on my windows computer. It completely downloads then nothing else happens.

7 replies

Mar 12, 2024 7:04 AM in response to Redhab

I have an iPad 5th gen here with iPadOS 16.7.6 on it. You are likely mistaken about that iPad generation as the last version of iOS that supports an iPad 4th gen is iOS 11.

Visit Settings : General : About. What is the model name? If it is a 4th Gen, then you should be able to connect to Wi-Fi (not cellular) and Settings : General : Software Update and be offered an update to iOS 11.4.1.

iPad 5th gen do not support for iOS update and can’t connect to apps store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.