You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

am I able to export and convert to excel?

If I create a spreadsheet in Numbers, am I able to share it with PC users by exporting it and converting to Excel?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 8:41 AM

Go to File > Export to… & choose Excel. Keep in mind that exporting/importing other formats such as Excel is a translation process. Features unsupported in the chosen format will be ignored. Your recipient will likely not see exactly what you do. If the recipient only needs to read the data, export the Numbers file to PDF to take a virtual picture. You could send both the Excel file & the PDF for clarity.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2023 8:41 AM in response to JEllis517

Go to File > Export to… & choose Excel. Keep in mind that exporting/importing other formats such as Excel is a translation process. Features unsupported in the chosen format will be ignored. Your recipient will likely not see exactly what you do. If the recipient only needs to read the data, export the Numbers file to PDF to take a virtual picture. You could send both the Excel file & the PDF for clarity.

Sep 12, 2023 6:12 AM in response to JEllis517

Numbers does a pretty good job of opening most Excel spreadsheets, and exporting Numbers documents as .xlsx.

However, because of the differences between the two apps, formatting (and some formulas) may not transfer perfectly.

If you are collaborating frequently with Excel users, with documents sent back and forth, then the only thing fully compatible with Excel is ... Excel. Excel for the Mac is an excellent app and is available on the Mac App Store.

If you are only on the Mac, no mobile, then LibreOffice and other clones are also good choices for frequent collaboration with Excel users.

SG

am I able to export and convert to excel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.