You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does switching between desktops work on Mac Ventura?

Occasionally things download on a separate desktop window and I am unable to either move them to the main window I am working in or even switch back to that window. I have not discovered any foolproof ways to navigate between other desktop windows. Frankly, I have no use for other desktop windows...can I turn that feature off entirely? I have been using Macs since system 6...that's right FORTY years! and I still do not have a clear picture of how desktop windows work...HELP!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 12:15 PM

JohnFreitag wrote:

Occasionally things download on a separate desktop window and I am unable to either move them to the main window I am working in or even switch back to that window. I have not discovered any foolproof ways to navigate between other desktop windows. Frankly, I have no use for other desktop windows...can I turn that feature off entirely? I have been using Macs since system 6...that's right FORTY years! and I still do not have a clear picture of how desktop windows work...HELP!

You do not need to be using multiple Desktops if it does not suit your workflow...

four finger swipe up for mission control, hover your mouse momentarily for the X to appear.

Mission Control / multiple Desktops was introduced in 2011 with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ref

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2023 12:15 PM in response to JohnFreitag

JohnFreitag wrote:

You do not need to be using multiple Desktops if it does not suit your workflow...

four finger swipe up for mission control, hover your mouse momentarily for the X to appear.

Mission Control / multiple Desktops was introduced in 2011 with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

ref

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

How does switching between desktops work on Mac Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.