You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my charging adapter with my iPhone 11 Pro with the cord that will come with the 15 pro max?

Will I be able to use the charger from my iPhone 11 Pro on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max? Will I need some sort of adapter to use it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 3:14 PM

There are three connectors involved here. There is Lightning, USB-C, and USB-A.

The Lightning connector and cable is used with all recent iPhone models, prior to iPhone 15.

iPhone 15 uses USB-C.

The USB-C connector is a smaller and rounded metal connection, while the USB-A is bigger and rectangular.

The other end of the common Apple Lightning cable is either USB-A or USB-C.

You won’t be able to reuse the same cable, but you may be able to re-use the charger.

The new cable will be USB-C on both ends.

What’s your charger? USB-A, or USB-C?

If it’s USB-C, it’ll almost certainly work.

If USB-A, it’ll likely work, but Apple AFAIK hasn’t yet confirmed that.

If you don’t want cables, a Qi wireless charger of 7.5 watts or better will work with both.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2023 3:14 PM in response to cnrrrrr

There are three connectors involved here. There is Lightning, USB-C, and USB-A.

The Lightning connector and cable is used with all recent iPhone models, prior to iPhone 15.

iPhone 15 uses USB-C.

The USB-C connector is a smaller and rounded metal connection, while the USB-A is bigger and rectangular.

The other end of the common Apple Lightning cable is either USB-A or USB-C.

You won’t be able to reuse the same cable, but you may be able to re-use the charger.

The new cable will be USB-C on both ends.

What’s your charger? USB-A, or USB-C?

If it’s USB-C, it’ll almost certainly work.

If USB-A, it’ll likely work, but Apple AFAIK hasn’t yet confirmed that.

If you don’t want cables, a Qi wireless charger of 7.5 watts or better will work with both.

Can I use my charging adapter with my iPhone 11 Pro with the cord that will come with the 15 pro max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.