You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send scanned images to Photos on I mac

after scanning the image - i get a prompt to send it to a folder,

I then click folder

drops dow to folders-this is where my problem is - I see photos app

unable to retreive picture from photos

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 11:10 AM

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but how the scanning works may depend on the software. I run my scanner with the Apple app "Image Capture." With that app, I choose or create a folder for my scans and suggest a name (like Book 01, for instance.) Then Image Capture scans an image, names it Book 01- 1.jpg, and saves it in the folder I specified.

When I'm done, I drag the folder containing the new scans to the Photos app, and Photos goes through the import process, checking for duplicates and such. If I have sub-folders, Photos keeps those intact when importing.

There are lots of possible ways to do this, but this works for me. I end up with the originals still in that folder, and I'm comforted that I have that as a backup in case I mess something up.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2023 11:10 AM in response to Fev1prone

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but how the scanning works may depend on the software. I run my scanner with the Apple app "Image Capture." With that app, I choose or create a folder for my scans and suggest a name (like Book 01, for instance.) Then Image Capture scans an image, names it Book 01- 1.jpg, and saves it in the folder I specified.

When I'm done, I drag the folder containing the new scans to the Photos app, and Photos goes through the import process, checking for duplicates and such. If I have sub-folders, Photos keeps those intact when importing.

There are lots of possible ways to do this, but this works for me. I end up with the originals still in that folder, and I'm comforted that I have that as a backup in case I mess something up.

How to send scanned images to Photos on I mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.