You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14. Promax won’t save photos as.jpg.

I’m not exactly sure when this happened but I think sometime during the past two or three updates. iPhone 14 Pro. Max won’t save photos as.JPG. I have chosen most compatible more times than I can count. It’s on most compatible now and still they show up in iMessages & everywhere else as .HEIc Can anybody offer any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 7:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 11:03 PM

wenfar wrote:

I’m not exactly sure when this happened but I think sometime during the past two or three updates.

Your assessment is incorrect. Please check your Camera Settings.

See the pic below which is self-explanatory - Pics taken a few minutes back on iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.6.1

Please look at the pics carefully, JPEG has a higher file size and a darker wall on the left-hand side. The actual color is shown in the HEIF image (Yellow Shade). HEIF has a lower file size but retains the actual color.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2023 11:03 PM in response to wenfar

wenfar wrote:

I’m not exactly sure when this happened but I think sometime during the past two or three updates.

Your assessment is incorrect. Please check your Camera Settings.

See the pic below which is self-explanatory - Pics taken a few minutes back on iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.6.1

Please look at the pics carefully, JPEG has a higher file size and a darker wall on the left-hand side. The actual color is shown in the HEIF image (Yellow Shade). HEIF has a lower file size but retains the actual color.

14. Promax won’t save photos as.jpg.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.