You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to require a startup password after a shutdown

My Mac does not require a password after a shutdown. It does require a password when it goes to sleep and is awakened. It is important when I shut it down my Mac for the evening that a password is required the next morning. Thank you for your assistance.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 5:17 PM

sburech wrote:

My Mac does not require a password after a shutdown. It does require a password when it goes to sleep and is awakened. It is important when I shut it down my Mac for the evening that a password is required the next morning. Thank you for your assistance.

hmmm..

.old issue, new issue, what changed?

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

verify you do not have automatic log in in Settings(?)

>System Settings>Users & Groups

How to log in automatically to a Mac user account

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2023 5:17 PM in response to sburech

sburech wrote:

hmmm..

.old issue, new issue, what changed?

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

verify you do not have automatic log in in Settings(?)

>System Settings>Users & Groups

How to log in automatically to a Mac user account

How to require a startup password after a shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.