You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on firestick suddenly video not available

In the last two days out of nowhere, my Apple TV app on my firestick has told me “video not available” “There’s a problem loading this video” and to check my internet connection. My internet is fine, all other streaming services are working fine, and Apple TV will play on my phone. I tried to force stop, I tried to clear cache, I uninstalled the Apple TV app and reinstalled it and I’ve restarted the firestick at least 3 times. Then I went into Apple TV settings to “video troubleshooting” it says

1. Internet connected
  2. Connected for Playback
  3. streaming (can’t remember what it said) but then Troubleshooting complete. NO PROBLEMS COULD BE DETECTED.

So I honestly don’t know what else to do. It was fine before yesterday and my firestick automatically updates to the latest version, yes I checked. I’m trying to watch Invasion, Physical and the morning show and all doing same thing less than a minute into playing (it does play all of them briefly). HELP.

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 10:25 PM

2 replies

Jan 17, 2024 11:44 PM in response to Chisaiboo

I tried all the usual stuff - restarting, reinstalling, unplugging cables - but nothing was fixing it. Then I found this article and their first tip was a game-changer: just turn off HDMI CEC on your Firestick. Worked like a charm for me!

Check it out if you're having the same issue: https://pointerclicker.com/apple-tv-not-working-on-firestick/

The guide's really straightforward and has some great visuals. And if that doesn't sort it, they've got a bunch more solutions to try.

Apple TV on firestick suddenly video not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.