You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought my Macbook from Europe and now I'm in the U.S. I haven't found a good duck head for the charger, can I just buy a regular U.S charger?

I have the Macbook Pro 2021 laptop and it has a European charger. I went on Amazon to find a singular duck head to convert the charger head for the U.S plugs, but the one I got creates sparks when I plug it in and that can be dangerous.

I went on Amazon again and found that the other products have this spark issue and/either not have good quality. I even bought a converter for my European charger to be plugged into, but that doesn't support the weight of the charger.

I know Apple has the world travel kit, but I only need the U.S. one and not all the other ones. Will buying a new U.S. charger work? Does the European MacBook work with a U.S. charger?

Is there a solution for this? One that doesn't involve getting a new Macbook?

What

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 9:44 AM

An Apple power adapter, with the appropriate duck-head, should work. These adapters are designed to work world-wide when equipped with the correct duck-head for that region.

If you have an Apple Store near you, I suggest that you pay them a visit. They should be able to help you out with this. Alternately, you can contact Apple Support directly for further assistance. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower lef-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2023 9:44 AM in response to hosna177

An Apple power adapter, with the appropriate duck-head, should work. These adapters are designed to work world-wide when equipped with the correct duck-head for that region.

If you have an Apple Store near you, I suggest that you pay them a visit. They should be able to help you out with this. Alternately, you can contact Apple Support directly for further assistance. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower lef-hand side of this forum's web page.

I bought my Macbook from Europe and now I'm in the U.S. I haven't found a good duck head for the charger, can I just buy a regular U.S charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.