You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone overheats and Im not sure if thats normal

My phone heats up even when Im just browsing on social media. When Im charging it, even though Im not using it, it gets too hot. I only had this for about 5 months and the battery health already goes down to 97%. Is that normal?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 11:21 AM

It's normal for the phone to heat up being charged or when using it, even for social media. A phone is ONLY overheating if you get a message the phone needs to cool down before using it. When you use a phone to charge or do pretty much anything you're using electricity from the battery. And using electricity from a battery causes it to heat naturally. As to your battery health question, a drop of 3% in 5 months is actually very good. Generally, one can expect a drop in battery health of 1% (or so) per month. Every time you fully charge the battery, it's health declines, which is normal for batteries. ALL BATTERIES.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2023 11:21 AM in response to akosiLALAkwatsera

It's normal for the phone to heat up being charged or when using it, even for social media. A phone is ONLY overheating if you get a message the phone needs to cool down before using it. When you use a phone to charge or do pretty much anything you're using electricity from the battery. And using electricity from a battery causes it to heat naturally. As to your battery health question, a drop of 3% in 5 months is actually very good. Generally, one can expect a drop in battery health of 1% (or so) per month. Every time you fully charge the battery, it's health declines, which is normal for batteries. ALL BATTERIES.

My phone overheats and Im not sure if thats normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.