You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos automatically going into the wrong album

my Selfies album is automatically being populated with photos that are selfies that i do not want in there. sometimes they are of my cat!! or sometimes they are actually pics of me but not the kinds of pics that i want in the Selfies album. how can i get rid of them without getting rid of the original photo in the All Photos or Recents albums? they show up in both my Mac and my iPhone.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 1:26 PM

All photos taken with an iPhone or iPad front camera are automatically added to the "Selfies" album.

Don't use the front camera, if you do not want the photo in the Selfie album.

You could create your own "my Selfies" album - just create a new album, then add all Selfies to this album, but remove the ones you do not want there. Or tag the selfies you want to see as favorites, then set the Filter to "Favorites" when you are looking at the Selfies.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2023 1:26 PM in response to email4willie

All photos taken with an iPhone or iPad front camera are automatically added to the "Selfies" album.

Don't use the front camera, if you do not want the photo in the Selfie album.

You could create your own "my Selfies" album - just create a new album, then add all Selfies to this album, but remove the ones you do not want there. Or tag the selfies you want to see as favorites, then set the Filter to "Favorites" when you are looking at the Selfies.

photos automatically going into the wrong album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.