You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Network

Only one device is showing his net work under the network name. The Wi-Fi carrier says it’s not on their end. But it Has to be corrected on the iphone. How do I turn this off on my phone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 7:35 PM

Jad2345 Said:

"Hidden Network: Only one device is showing his net work under the network name. The Wi-Fi carrier says it’s not on their end. But it Has to be corrected on the iphone. How do I turn this off on my phone."

-------

About a Hidden Network:

This person has configured his router to not broadcast the SSID (the name of the network). The network is being broadcasted at 2.4 or 5GHZ, but you are only seeing it by the name "Hidden Network" because there is no SSID to go by. So, ask him for the SSID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2023 7:35 PM in response to Jad2345

Jad2345 Said:

"Hidden Network: Only one device is showing his net work under the network name. The Wi-Fi carrier says it’s not on their end. But it Has to be corrected on the iphone. How do I turn this off on my phone."

-------

About a Hidden Network:

This person has configured his router to not broadcast the SSID (the name of the network). The network is being broadcasted at 2.4 or 5GHZ, but you are only seeing it by the name "Hidden Network" because there is no SSID to go by. So, ask him for the SSID.

Hidden Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.