You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my macbook pro shut down after a few minutes?!

I've tried to bring this up with support among the many other truly OBNOXIOUS issues with my less-than-one-year-old macbook pro, but no one seems to be able to help me. So, I figured I'll ask here- call it a hail Mary. WHY on God's green earth does my macbook shut down after only a 30 minute or 1 hour break? I shouldn't have to leave some other program open with unsaved changes in order to be able to come back and pick up my work where I left off. Even having done so, just now I had a process going in another program that takes 245 minutes to complete. I left it running and even left unsaved changes in a word document and when the computer attempted to shut down it stopped the process of the program I was waiting for. 245 FREAKIN MINUTES wasted! I'm a big girl, I don't need help shutting off my toys. How do I stop this STUPID process from ruining my productivity on a daily basis???

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:31 AM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery, I suppose your MacBook Pro has battery related issue, error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error would be reported, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there before one year limited warranty is expired.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2023 4:31 AM in response to Latakyi

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports battery, I suppose your MacBook Pro has battery related issue, error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error would be reported, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there before one year limited warranty is expired.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Why does my macbook pro shut down after a few minutes?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.