You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Black screen

My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 2:06 PM

Edun09 Said:

"MacBook Black screen: My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???"

-------

Troubleshooting Black Mac Screen:

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

(Applies to Intel Based Macs Only): Sometimes operations are performed and then the keyboard settings become manipulated, technically. So... Try resetting. Then reboot with this keyboard plugged in once more. If you only have USB-C ports then this is the adapter to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Edun09

Edun09 Said:

"MacBook Black screen: My MacBook is only showing a blank (all black) screen when I try to power it up. There is an occasional arrow… pushing the keys does not do anything. Any ideas???"

-------

Troubleshooting Black Mac Screen:

Report back if anything here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

(Applies to Intel Based Macs Only): Sometimes operations are performed and then the keyboard settings become manipulated, technically. So... Try resetting. Then reboot with this keyboard plugged in once more. If you only have USB-C ports then this is the adapter to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

MacBook Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.