You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Plan - Apple Music

My wife had an individual Apple Music account and we recently changed it to the family plan. I went to Apple Music to start creating a playlist since I’m on the family plan. Anytime I try to add a song to the playlist or my library it sends me to a screen to subscribe to Apple Music. I’ve joined the link I got from my wife to join the family plan, I assumed that meant I’m subscribed, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Are there any extra steps I need to do in order to add music to the library to create playlists, or to ensure I’m subscribed through our family plan?

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:14 PM

Make sure you are signed in at Settings > [Your Name] > Media and Purchases. If you are, sign out and sign back in.

1 reply

Family Plan - Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.