You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete the iOS 17 update?

How do I delete the IOS 17 update? I absolutely HATE the new update.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 5:06 PM

after i updated my iPhone 14 to IOS17 my iTunes will not recognize it; i tried different cables and different ports and same thing...i also checked iTunes for an option to update it to ios17 but there is no option in the iTunes store...my macbook is what i am using; it is over 15 years old so still on OS X El Capitan (can't update it due to no disc space). i read on the forums that ios17 is no longer supporting iTunes, is this correct?

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2023 5:06 PM in response to KiltedTim

after i updated my iPhone 14 to IOS17 my iTunes will not recognize it; i tried different cables and different ports and same thing...i also checked iTunes for an option to update it to ios17 but there is no option in the iTunes store...my macbook is what i am using; it is over 15 years old so still on OS X El Capitan (can't update it due to no disc space). i read on the forums that ios17 is no longer supporting iTunes, is this correct?

Nov 3, 2023 6:24 PM in response to KiltedTim

Including my 350+ GB of music? That's more than my iCloud storage space... and don't say 'get more storage', I need a more practical solution that doesn't involve buying a new(er) Mac just to be able to connect to my phone.

iOS 16 worked fine with OSX 10.13.6 and 10.14.6, what's stopping Apple from making iOS 17 compatible except perhaps greed? I can't be the only Apple user with this issue.

How do I delete the iOS 17 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.