You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix Bluetooth Audio Stuttering on MacBook Air M1 2020?

MacBook Air M1 2020 running Ventura 13.4.1

• I've tested wired audio without any problems
  • I've used multiple bluetooth audio devices (AirPods Pro; Bose bluetooth speaker) successfully with my other devices without any problems

Bluetooth audio devices have intermittent choppy/stuttering for ~1 sec every 30 sec-5 mins. Very frustrating. I've seen that others have this same issue without resolve. Is there an actual fix for this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2024 6:09 AM

I have had two M chip (ARM) series Macs and this issue has happened on both of them with my JBL bluetooth speaker. My latest is a Macbook Pro M3 Max with 128 GB RAM so there's absolutely no excuse for the audio stuttering. I stumbled upon the solution today which is to disconnect other bluetooth devices (in my case, it's my magic mouse). This is 1000% an Apple problem with the OS and I hope someone looks into it immediately.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/434829/bluetooth-audio-is-choppy-stuttering

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2024 6:09 AM in response to dlwright85

I have had two M chip (ARM) series Macs and this issue has happened on both of them with my JBL bluetooth speaker. My latest is a Macbook Pro M3 Max with 128 GB RAM so there's absolutely no excuse for the audio stuttering. I stumbled upon the solution today which is to disconnect other bluetooth devices (in my case, it's my magic mouse). This is 1000% an Apple problem with the OS and I hope someone looks into it immediately.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/434829/bluetooth-audio-is-choppy-stuttering

Sep 25, 2023 6:31 PM in response to dlwright85

Hey there dlwright85,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We'll be happy to help with Bluetooth on your Mac. Check out the following resource for troubleshooting guidance: If a Bluetooth headset doesn’t work with Mac - Apple Support

If possible, test another location. If that helps, try the following steps to help resolve possible interference issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Take care.

How to fix Bluetooth Audio Stuttering on MacBook Air M1 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.