You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delete an app on my phone

when i hold on an app and try to delete it it shows remove app from home screen instead of delete app so how can i delete the app

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:18 AM

Hi, there are two ways that you can delete apps on your phone permanently

A. The easy way

>>Hold on any app from the home screen

There should be a “Remove App” option, if not please make sure that your iOS is up-to-date.

if it does not work, try this

B. The “technical” way

Settings> General> iPhone Storage> Select an App that you wanted to delete> Delete App

A few default apps will not be available to delete but most of them will. I hope this instruction will get your problem solved, if not please contact Apple Support by 1800-MYAPPL

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2023 8:18 AM in response to elianne257

Hi, there are two ways that you can delete apps on your phone permanently

A. The easy way

>>Hold on any app from the home screen

There should be a “Remove App” option, if not please make sure that your iOS is up-to-date.

if it does not work, try this

B. The “technical” way

Settings> General> iPhone Storage> Select an App that you wanted to delete> Delete App

A few default apps will not be available to delete but most of them will. I hope this instruction will get your problem solved, if not please contact Apple Support by 1800-MYAPPL

how do i delete an app on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.