You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am billed regularly for items that are redundant or I cannot recall signing up for

Who else has dealt with multiple subscriptions and account withdrawals from Apple? I cannot find these in my subscriptions to turn off but I am billed regularly for items that are redundant or I cannot recall signing up for?

It feels more like theft than subscriptions and per standard Apple it is impossible to get anyone who can actually dig into this and provide any real customer service… hence I am typing this on some rando message board that the public is supposed to resolve through some sort of posting “community”

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 9:03 AM

Some of those may not be from Apple. Scammers have been posing as Apple and other retailers for over a decade, using stolen credit card and bank account numbers. From our American Express experiences in this area we learned that if you ever ordered online from a web site that is now defunct, that could how your account #s may have fallen to the wrong hands. According to our AMEX contact, some sites are not securely taken off-line leaving customer information that can be latter mined.

You can also check for other purchases using instructions in this Apple article:

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

The  most important part is "View Your Purchase History." Do that. 

If you history does NOT show the charge, then is is possible someone has access to your card/account number and is pretending to be Apple.If that is the case, Apple cannot fix this. Only your bank or card issuer can address fraudulent use.

If your history shows the charge, continues with instructions in that article. IF you have Family Sharing enabled, you must be sure the history's Apple ID option pane is set to "All" to get the full picture:

Also remember your are not addressing Apple here but rather your fellow end users. Apple won't see your concern here. and threats of legal action fall only on users' ears.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2023 9:03 AM in response to kona78

Some of those may not be from Apple. Scammers have been posing as Apple and other retailers for over a decade, using stolen credit card and bank account numbers. From our American Express experiences in this area we learned that if you ever ordered online from a web site that is now defunct, that could how your account #s may have fallen to the wrong hands. According to our AMEX contact, some sites are not securely taken off-line leaving customer information that can be latter mined.

You can also check for other purchases using instructions in this Apple article:

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

The  most important part is "View Your Purchase History." Do that. 

If you history does NOT show the charge, then is is possible someone has access to your card/account number and is pretending to be Apple.If that is the case, Apple cannot fix this. Only your bank or card issuer can address fraudulent use.

If your history shows the charge, continues with instructions in that article. IF you have Family Sharing enabled, you must be sure the history's Apple ID option pane is set to "All" to get the full picture:

Also remember your are not addressing Apple here but rather your fellow end users. Apple won't see your concern here. and threats of legal action fall only on users' ears.

I am billed regularly for items that are redundant or I cannot recall signing up for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.