You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 pro overheating

I just got my new iPhone and it’s getting really hot while setting up. Did I get a faulty phone? Is this a software issue that will get fixed soon? I’m afraid that my new phone is a fire hazard…

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 11:43 AM

Getting warm or even hot during setup would be expected and normal. The battery is working very hard as data is loaded on it. It is NOT overheating unless you see a message saying the phone needs to cool down.

2 replies

Feb 6, 2024 3:44 AM in response to Rawr24

I've been using Iphone X for 6 years and it's broken so have to get a new one. I bought Iphone 15 Pro 256gb on January 23rd 2024. My phone heated up like crazy on first charge. The next week it got so warm even when I scrolled on Facebook for 30 minutes, or talking on the phone for 45 minutes. It gets so warm when I simply switch between apps like Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp, youtube at the same time for only 15 mins. When I put my phone in the pocket, it's so warm that my skin is irritated even though there is a layer of fabric in between. Very disappointed with this product.

I talked to Apple staff and they told me to upgrade to Ios 17.3. Did not fix a thing.

iPhone 15 pro overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.