You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is my passcode?

Each time I open my 9th Gen iPad it wants the passcode, Is the passcode my password or is it a series of numbers.

I have tried my password a number of times. I now get a message that I have to wait 8 hours before trying again.

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 1:42 PM

to answer your question: normally your passcode is a 6 digit numeric code. there are several other options like 4 digit numeric code, custom numeric code or custom alphanumeric code.

may these questions can help if you ask them to yourself:

• did i have more than one passcode within the lifespan of using apple products
  • have i tried the passcode where i use for my iphone
  • did u setup your ipad recently? if yes, try your old passcode if its different at all.

good luck

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2023 1:42 PM in response to sadsaytr

to answer your question: normally your passcode is a 6 digit numeric code. there are several other options like 4 digit numeric code, custom numeric code or custom alphanumeric code.

may these questions can help if you ask them to yourself:

• did i have more than one passcode within the lifespan of using apple products
  • have i tried the passcode where i use for my iphone
  • did u setup your ipad recently? if yes, try your old passcode if its different at all.

good luck

Sep 22, 2023 1:37 PM in response to sadsaytr

The PassCode is used to turn on and unlock an iPad.

It’s “normally” 6x numeric digits but it CAN be any mix of alpha and/or numeric digits and can of any reasonable length.

Absolutely no one can help you recover your passcode.

If you forget it, your ONLY option is to completely reset the device - which erases it - followed by a restoration from a backup.

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen – Apple Support (AU)

What is my passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.