You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 Pro Max dropping home wifi connection

Phone keeps dropping home wifi connection even after network reset, plus all the other suggestions I’ve tried. All other devices and computers have no issues with my home router and I can use my neighbours wifi with no issues or dropped connection. The only thing I haven’t done is a factory reset. If I do this I’ve read that I can still have the same issue after downloading iCloud backup. Anyone have similar issues.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:37 AM

3 replies

Sep 27, 2023 11:10 AM in response to Icielaila

Hey Icielaila,

We don't recommend factory resetting your iPhone just yet. Let's see if there are other steps that can help to resolve this. It's great that you were able to isolate this to your home network. If you haven't already, take a look at the following guide for the recommended settings of your Wi-Fi router as this can help with the connection: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

When you completed the network reset, what steps did you take? Do you mean you restarted your modem and/or Wi-Fi router or did you reset the network settings on your iPhone? Those steps can be found in Step 7 here: If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Take care!

Feb 5, 2024 2:14 PM in response to Icielaila

I was having the same issue, plus my iPhone would not always remember our home WIFI forcing me to log in after returning home. After updating to iOS 17.3 and resetting the router and iPhone 15 Pro Max multiple times with no success, I finally reset our Router and (very important) changed the WIFI Name and password. That fixed everything. Amazing. Hope it helps.

iPhone 15 Pro Max dropping home wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.