You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro will not add Yahoo Mail Account

Hi

Recently I have been having a lot of Yahoo mail issues on my IPad especially. As suggested, I deleted the account on the mail app in ios but now it will not let me add it back.

I keep getting emails on my laptop stating that there was new sign in but still will not let me add it back. I also try to add it back manually (vs. using the Yahoo icon to add it back).

Additionally I have updated ios software to the latest 16.7 version and have also deleted the Yahoo Mail app.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, Yahoo now wants $$$ to talk to them!!!

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:46 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 23, 2023 9:52 AM in response to murali194

In common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

IPad Pro will not add Yahoo Mail Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.