You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spy or malware apps can access to iPhone?

I think I’ve installed an app from a fake pop up alert on safari in my old iPhone 7 ios 15.5 . Because I was dumb, so now I know that these apps are spy ware apps. and I’m worried if I was hacked and seen trough my iPhone camera.

does Apple let these apps get installed outside App Store? and what are the signs that shows that I could be watched and hacked?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 4:47 AM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Popup70

If you want, you can read the Apple articles below to keep your Apple ID account secure, see the following Apple articles: 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Delete suspicious content from your devices

Delete suspicious content from your devices – Apple Support (UK)

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

• if you see devices that don't belong to you, delete from your account.

Personal Safety User Guide -> Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (UK)

Manage and use your Apple ID -> Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

(if you haven't already done this) Two-factor authentication for Apple ID -> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

-----

Thank you for your feedback and you're welcome.

Spy or malware apps can access to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.